Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS GENEROSITY WATER SOUTH AFRICA NPC T/A QUINTON VAN DER BURGH FOUNDATION – PAY YOUR BILLS
- This outreach programme (‘Outreach’) is organised and run by Generosity Water South Africa NPC t/a Quinton van der Burgh Foundation, as well as its affiliates, partners, associates and agents (‘Organisers’). This Outreach is open for entry by all South African residents of 18 (eighteen) years and older with a valid South African identification book/card and or a valid residency, except employees of the Organisers and its advertising and/or promotional agencies, outlet owners, retailers or wholesalers or their immediate families. The Outreach is not open for entry by or behalf of a juristic entity.
- By participating in this Outreach, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions which will be interpreted by the Organisers and the Organisers’ decision regarding any issue will be final and binding and no correspondence in respect thereof will be entered into.
Opportunity – “PAY YOUR BILLS”
- The Recipient (s) of the Outreach will have one of their Bills paid in full by the Organiser.
- This Outreach will run from 16 November 2017 and will close on 3 January 2018.
- The name of the Opportunity Recipient(s) will be announced by 12h00 on 25 January 2018 on the Organiser’s website, www.qvdbfoundation.com.
- The Opportunity Recipient(s) will have their submitted Bill(s) paid in full within 30 business days of selection of the Recipient(s). Payment of the Bill will be made directly to the chosen creditor/service provider of the Recipient(s) after being contacted and approved by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to vet and undertake a background check on the Recipient(s), creditor and/or service provider to determine the validity of the Bill and entry. Should it be determined that the Bill is not valid or accurate in respect of the Opportunity Recipient(s) submission, the Organisers’ reserve the right to withdraw the opportunity from the chosen Recipient(s) and appoint another Recipient.
- The Opportunity does not cover any costs of the Recipient whatsoever, aside from the one authorised and accepted by the Organisers in terms of the participant’s submission.
- The Opportunity is not exchangeable for cash, and shall not be transferable or negotiable.
- The Organisers reserve the right to substitute the Opportunity for an alternative Opportunity of equal or greater value should the Opportunity promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
- This Outreach uses Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and www.qvdbfoundation.com as the entry mechanism.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons or otherwise.
To participate in this Outreach in order to benefit from and receive the opportunity, all participants are required to do the following.
- Complete the entry/application form on www.qvdbfoundation.com;
- Upload your Bill; and
- Like/follow either our Facebook page, Instagram handle or Twitter handle and share, repost or retweet the applicable page and or post.
The Recipient (s) of the Outreach will be chosen as follows:
- The top 10 (ten) entries will be chosen by a panel comprising of 3 (three) judges appointed by the Organisers, based on the motivation provided on the entry form.
The selection criteria to be considered for a top 10 (ten) entry is as follows:
The entrant must have a Bill that is due and owing or will be due and owing in a reasonable and determinable amount of time. The concept of Bill includes but is not limited to the following:
- Credit Card Debt;
- Financing Debt for a House, Car, Student Loan and or any other form of Higher Purchase Agreement;
- Cost of a Wedding;
- Cost of fulfilling a bucket list dream;
- Medical Bill(s); any/or
- Any Bill that the participant needs settled.
- The top 10 (ten) entries may then afforded the opportunity to provide further motivation and after consideration, the 10 (ten) finalists will be narrowed down to the final 3 (three) entries by the executive team of the Quinton van der Burgh Foundation based on the aspirations submitted.
- The Final Recipient(s) will be selected by the Chairman of the Quinton van der Burgh Foundation in his sole discretion. The process will be monitored by an independent party in terms of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
- The Recipient(s) will be contacted by email and or phone on the information provided by the participant in their application form. The Organisers’ will make 5 (five) attempts to contact the Recipient(s) and or solicit a response to email correspondence.
- In the event that the Recipient(s) cannot be successfully contacted, has either failed to provide requested information within 24 (twenty-four) hours of any such request; is illegible to accept the Opportunity in terms of these terms and conditions or is unable to or fails to accept an Opportunity for whatsoever reason, the Opportunity will be forfeited and the Organisers may choose an alternative Recipient.
- The Organisers reserve the right to select an alternative Recipient in the event that they believe, in their sole discretion, that the chosen Recipient has contravened any of these terms and condition. The Organisers’ decision shall be final in this respect and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Regardless of the number of times a person enters the Outreach, they will be allocated 1 (one) entry.
- Unless the Recipient specifically refuses, the Organisers may publish the Recipient ’s image(s), including photographs, on, amongst other things, the Organisers’ Facebook pages, websites and or Instagram and Twitter accounts, and YouTube without any liability to the Organiser and or remuneration to the Recipient.
- The Outreach, the Opportunity, and any terms and/or conditions surrounding same may be amended by reasonable notification at any time during this Outreach by the Organisers. Such altered terms and conditions and or Opportunity shall become effective immediately after said notice had been given or on such reasonable date as may be determined by the organisers. No participants shall have any recourse against the Organisers as a result of any alterations to the terms and conditions and or Opportunity.
- The Organisers reserve the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the Outreach whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial or operational reasons, or for the greater public good, or due to a “force majeure” event or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the rules and/or terminate this Outreach immediately at any stage, whether required as a result of changes to legislation, or if required by national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the foundation for any reason whatsoever. Notice of the termination will be published on the Outreach website. In such an event, all participants waive any rights they may have and/or purport to have in terms of this Outreach, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organisers whatsoever.
- All participants and the Recipient (s) indemnify the Organisers, its associates and associated bodies, and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims for loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this Outreach and the Organisers make no warranty in respect of goods and/or services that the Organisers would ultimately pay for in the form of the Opportunity.
- The Law of the Republic of South Africa shall govern these Outreach rules and the courts of The Republic of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The Quinton van der Burgh Foundation will communicate with the Recipient (s) via email as the preferred method of communication, and telephonically as a second means. The Quinton van der Burgh Foundation reserves the right to contact the Recipient (s) as and when required. Beware of Bogus callers & SMS notifications. The Quinton van der Burgh Foundation will never contact you by means of SMS if you are a Recipient and unless pre-arranged with you, will NEVER come to your office or home to say you are a Recipient and/ or to deliver the Act of Generosity.